Self-Enrolment using an Enrolment Key (Password)
- Make sure you are on the front page of your course
- Click on the Participants link found within the Navigation menu on the left.
- Click on the Gear icon at the top right of the Participants page.
- Click on Enrolment methods.
- Next to Add method choose Self enrolment from the drop down list.
- Next to Enrolment key click on Click to enter text and type in your enrolment key (password).
- Click on the small looking glass to make the enrolment key visible in plain English (check for spelling).
- Click Add method button at bottom of page.
- Give your students the enrollment key in class or by email and tell them to browse to the course in Moodle, or you can send them the link to the course so they can get there directly. Copy the link from your browser's Address Bar on the top of your course.
Click on the course title and type in the enrollment key when prompted. They will then see the course under their "My courses" when they log into their Moodle home page.
<< Previous Page Make Course Available (or Unavailable) to Students)