ADD A TWITTER FEED
Add a Twitter Feed to your course
1. Create an HTML block in Moodle to add your Twitter feed to:
Watch the first part of this video (up to 1:00 minute) to learn how to create an HTML block in Moodle. Ignore the second half on how to create the Widget – this is an earlier version of Twitter that has now changed. After 4:12 into the video see how to embed the code into your Moodle HTML block
****When you paste your widget code into the editor make sure you choose the HTML code view (click on the double brackets at the top <> ) – this is a common mistake.
2. To add an embedded Twitter timeline to your Moodle HTML block:
- Sign in to Twitter.
- Go to your settings and select Widgets.
- Click Create new and then Lists from the dropdown.
- Choose the type of embedded Twitter feed you’d like and start to configure it. Look at the bottom of your page under "or browse your options below" for the graphic representations of each Twitter embed type (in this case choose the Timeline embed):
- For User Timeline, enter the Twitter URL of the user whose Tweets you want to display i.e. @cbc.
- For Favorites, enter the Twitter URL of the user whose favorites you want to display i.e. @cbc.
- For List, select a public list that you own and/or subscribe to in the drop-down menu.
- For Search, enter your search query (for advanced searches, use Twitter’s search operators).
- Make sure to select Safe mode if you want to exclude sensitive content, profanity, etc.