Upload Files to a Folder
Upload Files to a Moodle Folder
- On your course page click on the "gear" icon at the top right and then choose Turn editing on from the drop down list. Editing icons and links will appear.
- Locate the Topic or Weekly Section where you will add the Folder. (If you are using the Collapsed topics format, open the Section.).
- Click Add an activity or resource. The Activity chooser will open.
- In the Activity chooser, scroll down to the Resources heading and select Folder. Then click Add. The Adding a new folder page will open.
- In the Name field, provide a title for your folder (required). The name you enter will display as the link to the folder on your course page.
- In the Description field, add a description (required). To display the description on the course page, check Display description on course page.
- Add files under the Content heading. The easiest way to add files is using drag-and-drop:
- Arrange your computer's windows so that you can view both the Files area in Moodle and the files on your computer.
- Drag files from your computer onto the large blue arrow in the Moodle Files area.
Note: To upload multiple files at once, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard (Windows), or the COMMAND key (MAC), and click to select multiple files. Then drag the files into the Files area in Moodle.
- Alternatively, you can use the file picker to browse for files on your computer. The best way to upload multiple files with the file picker is to first make them into a .zip file, then unzip the file in Moodle:
- For directions on zipping files, see Create a ZIP File (below).
- Click Add.... (at top left of Files area). The File picker pop-up window will open.
- Click Upload a file (top left) and then click Browse to search for the .zip file on your computer.
- Click Upload this file. The File picker window will close and the .zip file will be listed in the Files area.
- In the Files box, click the .zip file icon. A pop-up window for the file will open. Click Unzip (at top).
(Click to enlarge)
- (Optional) You can delete the .zip file, or leave it in the folder to allow students to download all the files at once to unzip on their own computers. To delete it, click the .zip file again and then click Delete (at top) in the pop-up window. Click OK to confirm the deletion. The pop-up window will close and the .zip file will be gone.
- Select how folder contents should be displayed: On a separate page or Inline on a course page. Next, select whether subfolders should be expanded.
- Click Save and return to course (at-bottom) to complete the file upload process. The Folder will appear in the Topic or Weekly Section.